Group Fitness Policies
* All participants are required to purchase a Group Fitness or Platinum Membership to attend Group Fitness Classes.
* All members must swipe in to the Group Fitness Class with their Brown ID, RISD ID, or B-FIT ID before the class begins.
* All fitness levels are encouraged to participate. Please refer to the class descriptions to determine classes appropriate for your fitness level.
* Registration is not necessary. Admittance to a class is on a first come, first serve basis. Please arrive at least five minutes prior to start of class.
* Class schedule is subject to change depending on class attendance or interest levels in new classes.
* Proper attire is required for all members in class. Refer to the Recreation General Policies for more information.
* Please make your instructor aware of any medical issues, injuries, or pregnancy before you begin class so that they can make recommendations and modifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I buy a Group Fitness Membership if I am not a Recreation Member?
A: No. You must be a student or Recreation Member to purchase a Group Fitness Membership, and possess a valid Brown, RISD, or B-FIT ID. This allows you to enjoy all-inclusive access to our Recreational Facilities! Click HERE to sign up.
Q: How does the Group Fitness program work?
A: Once you have registered for Group Fitness, you can attend classes with your Brown, RISD, or B-FIT ID.
Q: Can I drop in on a class?
A: A $12 drop-in pass can be purchased to attend one class. Click HERE to purchase under Memberships.
Q: Do you have a refund policy?
A: The refund policy is:
- 100% refund will be issued up until 1 week from date of purchase.
- 50% refund will be issued up until two weeks from date of purchase.
- No refunds will be issued thereafter.
- No refunds on promotional offers (ie 50% Pass)
Refund requests can be submitted HERE (Submission does not guarantee refund)